Scuba Diving Tours
We individually design our scuba diving packages to match the experience and interests of each diver or dive group. We can also combine our dive packages with whale watching or wilderness tours, to match the needs of a mixed group of divers and non-divers.
When booking any of our dive packages or combined dive/wildness tour packages, please remember the following:
- All divers must hold at least a beginner’s level certification. Although we will assist novice divers in enjoying a safe dive experience, we do not train divers directly. We will arrange training and certification at your request, prior to your dive. If you are not certified, we will not allow you to dive.
- Safety comes first so dive sites and times may be adjusted to allow for tides, weather conditions and skill/experience of the individual divers.
- We do not provide meals. You may either bring ready-to-eat food or you are welcome to prepare your food using our on-board galley.
- All divers and participants must complete a pre-trip waiver.
- All participants agree to abide by the decisions of the tour operator regarding safety, local diving conditions, and recommended dive limits.
We offer two basic types of charters, day charters and overnight charters. All charters include an orientation aboard the Rusty Pelican for all guests and an orientation on the dive skill. Each diver must present proof of certification before dive tanks will be filled.
The Rusty Pelican Day Charter
Our day charters usually last from 8 to 10 hours, depending on boating conditions and the desires of the group. During a day charter, we anticipate completing at least three different dives – and can sometimes complete four, depending on the area, weather conditions, and experience of the group.
We usually leave the dock in either Port Hardy or Nanaimo at 7 a.m. and return between 3 and 5 p.m.
We dive Port Hardy from April to October, and dive around the Gulf Islands during the Winter months.
The Rusty Pelican Overnight or Multi-day Charter
Our overnight charters include 2 – 6 days of diving and spending the night either aboard The Rusty Pelican – which can sleep up to six people – or in a local hotel. Participants electing to say in a hotel must book their own accommodation.
A maximum of six people can be accommodated overnight on the boat. Participants should be prepared to cook their meals on-board or bring ready-to-eat food.
Prices for other areas vary, depending on numbers involved and itinerary. We also offer a 10% discount for bookings of three or more nights. Please contact us for a quote.
Diving/Tour rates are $1200 per day based on a group of 4 people. Add $200 for a 5th person, and the 6th is free. Overnight diving trips and tours add $250 per night.